Wednesday, December 15, 2010

the real crime is not the poop

today on my run, i strode into a nasty clump of soggy dog poop.

i can sympathize with your lack of desire to pick up what your doggy plops out. in fact, you could strongly argue that the fact that i stepped into it is my own fault. or that other wilder animals treat the whole world as their toilet, without a complaint risen. if i had a dog, i would grudgingly pick up it's feces and quite possibly, at times, would refuse to remove said refuse.

i have come to terms with your ways, dog owners, and i am not seeking reform on this point.

here is my problem and hear it well.

i cannot empathize, sympathize, or in any way pathize your unwillingness to LEASH your dog in public places.

why don't you do this? what is the problem? how many defenseless women and children must they bark, chase, terrorize, nibble at, pee upon, etc. etc. ?

at many times you are even holding the leash. your hand is on it. why do you see such an inconvenience in actually strapping the other end to your pup?

this stupidity transcends gender, race, socio-economics. the flag for global unity should be a person holding a leash screaming at his dog "FIDO, HEEL, HEEL, NOW, NOW" while fido is gnawing on a runner's precious calf.

it is my leg, it's all i have left, you are taking it from me, how can i be expected to run without it??

6 comments:

  1. You are so random - but you do make a good point - but it is a random topic for a blog post. I hope both your legs are intact for running :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog will be completely devoted to randomness, the topics will have the feel similar to constructing a sentence by flipping through a dictionary and pointing at words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about random in regards to blogs...well, at least in regards to mine. Welcome to the blogger-sphere! :)
    I don't understand the whole leash thing either. I am not a huge fan of dogs-or of huge dogs, I should say. I don't like being chased (bad experience) or being intimidated by them.
    I like going for walks and occasionally a run without the fear of a dog coming after me. I already cross the street if I see a dog, but now it doesn't even matter. If the dog isn't on a leash, what is to stop it from following me across??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It could be worse - I saw an episode of CSI once where this lady would unleash her dog on runners because they had the most lean muscles - for her blood diet. She had extreme iron deficiency, so she would juice up cuts of tasty, tasty runners for her morning protein shake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...when I decided to follow this blog with my google account I was congratulated for "following the voices in my head" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said!! I was just talking about this exact topic at work today actually!

    ReplyDelete